Sunday, November 16, 2008

Unfinished brooch, Coral sea polyp - 2"x2"x1.25" Also a trial and error pic


What have I been doing lately? Well making stuff of course. I've begun to make my sea creatures again, only all in cold connection. Having no studio makes a person very creative.

For a while I was crocheting a blanket but when I was bored of that (about 1/2 way through) I decided I wanted to see how small I could crochet. I remembered that my great grandmother used to crochet lace. So I went out to the craft store and bought the smallest hook I could find and corresponding string/yarn. I started out making some horrible looking flowers and then I began making these little lace hat like things. Then the brain gears began to turn and fun ideas started to pop in to my head. This is what happened, it is in no way done I am still beside myself about the creature within (as you can see I've made more than one). I sometimes tend to over embellish. I think I need some time to see where I'm going with this but this was my favorite one until I burned it with he heat gun... damn! So I will continue to think... lots of thinking. I will post a picture when it is done.

I want to try crocheting sewing thread and see how small that is next. I'm going to go do that now. Fun fun!

1 comment:

Stevie said...

I'm so proud of you. I love it. Halli took me to the Philadelphia craft show last Friday and it was same as usual, except for the featured artists from Isreal, they were amazing. You should check it out and get inspired.